Website design is a lot more than simply making a good-looking or fancy website, there are times when you come across a site that just makes you stop and think. Most websites tend to just go for a functional design, sticking to the branding of the company for the colour scheme and images, but there are few which push the boundaries and really stand out in what is now a very overcrowded marketplace.
What makes a good website design comes down to a multitude of different features; some design and some technical. From seamless navigation, use of animation or video, right down to the content that exists on that site, all play an integral role in the overall user experience. In the modern world, everyone is competing for your visibility, so what does it take to make a website stand out fr om the crowd?
As for the following sites, whether it’s the aesthetic, usability, or interactivity, these all struck us as being at the forefront of great web design. Use the following to gain some inspiration for what you could achieve for your business. If you’re looking for a new website or considering an upgrade for your existing one, get in touch with our team.
Before we get into the list, let’s quickly go over some of the aspects and features that help make up a good website design.
– The design clearly states who you are, what you do, and what visitors can do on your site.
– The design resonates with its target audience and is consistent with the brand.
– The design is optimised for mobile, tablet devices and other smart devices.
– The design includes appropriate/relevant calls to action.
– The website content is regularly changed and updated.
– The website navigation is clear and easy-to-use on all devices.
– The design is effective in building trust, communicating value, and guiding users to the next step of the buying process.